Temple of Light Academy Code of Ethics
For Reiki Practitioners, Reiki Master Teachers, Clairvoyant Consultants, Sound Healers
- Confidentiality:I agree that no information about the client will be disclosed to any third party without the written consent of the client or the parent or guardian if the client is under the age of 18.
- Transparency:I am clear in my media and website and willing to explain to prospective clients or students your training background, what takes place in a Reiki session, the subjects covered in your classes, the amount of time spent in sessions and classes and the fees charged.
- Integrity:I will be honest in all my activities and communication. I agree not to misuse my natural talents and acquired skills in the realm of Reiki and Spiritual Healing. I will share compassion with myself and all life.
- Respect:I value and respect myself, my clients and my students. I agree to never engage in any illegal or immoral activity with my clients or students. I will never touch their genital area or breasts, never ask them to disrobe and never make sexual comments, jokes or references. It is understood that it is a boundary violation to engage in inappropriate emotional intimacy, physical intimacy, or sexual relations between a teacher/student or practitioner/client even if it is consensual, due to the imbalance of power dynamics. I understand the difference between personal and professional healthy boundaries. I understand the dynamics of projection, transference, and trauma reenactment that may occur with a client or student. If I am in doubt, I will seek support from my teacher, colleagues, or a counselor.
- Sobriety:I agree to abstain from the use of mind altering substances, drugs or alcohol during all professional activities including sessions, classes, and retreats.
- Educate:I will remember that providing Reiki sessions are only one aspect of Reiki. I understand the value of the daily recitation of the Reiki Precepts. I understand that it is essential to engage with Reiki throughout the day and to make a commitment to a daily spiritual devotional practice of my choosing.
- Refer:I acknowledge that Reiki works in conjunction with other forms of medical or psychological care. If a client or student has a medical or psychological condition, I will suggest that they see a licensed health care provider, in addition to giving them Reiki sessions.
- Non-Interference:I will never diagnose medical or psychological conditions or prescribe medications, never suggest that a client change dosages of substances prescribed or suggest that they change prescribed treatment of a health care provider.
- Honesty: I will never use another person’s materials in your classes, website or literature without giving credit.
- Professional Conduct:I will always act in such a way so as to create and maintain a professional relationship as I represent myself as a student and graduate of Temple of Light Academy.
- Gratitude:I will be grateful for the gift of Reiki and for each client and student who chooses to come to me.
Adapted from ICRT Reiki Code of Ethics