Reiki is a system of Spiritual Development and Natural Healing that was received by Japanese Dr. Usui Mikao in 1914 during a Isyu Guo 21 day training located at Mt Kurama Tendai Buddhist Temple. There was a waterfall that he stood under for purification, meditation and to activate the crown chakra. He was a sensitive spiritualist and on the 21st day of a fast, “he felt a great Reiki over his head, and at that same time he was spiritually awakened, he acquired the Reiki cure.” This greatly enhanced his healing abilities and he realized he had received a wonderful new gift – the ability to be a transmitter healing to others without depleting his own energy. Through his work and his students, Reiki has been passed on to over 1 million people around the world.
It is great to receive Reiki for yourself to enhance your experience of your own subtle energy field, clear your chakras, and allow support from the spiritual realms. There are are 5 elements of Reiki. Developing spiritual and mental focus, techniques and meditations, mantras and symbols, and attunements, and hands-on healing for self and others. If you feel guided, you may want to become a Reiki Practitioner to also share this wonderful gift with other people.
- Learning to surrender and be in a receptive state to receive Reiki is a powerful meditation and focusing tool that benefits people who are always trying to fix something.
- For people who are healthy, receiving Reiki helps to maintain their well-being, enhances relaxation and provides an emotional sense of peace and contentment.
- For people who are ill, receiving Reiki is a wonderful complementary healing method that safely integrates with all other forms of health care. Many hospitals now are including Reiki in their Complimentary Healthcare programs.
- For people preparing to leave the earth, receiving Reiki is a powerful yet gentle way to provide comfort and to ease the transition of physical death.
- The earth loves receiving Reiki before planting seeds or when transplanting flowers or herbs as a way for all the elements to work together.
- Animals love to receive Reiki and benefit in many ways. Rescue animals especially love Reiki and bond with their caretakers more.
- Receiving Reiki and sharing it with yourself, other people, animals, plants and the land is a great way to be of service in sharing your Light and Love.
Usui Reiki Precepts
Do not bear ANGER for anger is illusion.
Do not be WORRIED, fear is distraction.
Be true to your WAY and your BEING.
Show COMPASSION to yourself and others because this is the center of Buddhahood.
Click here for upcoming Reiki Practitioner Training Classes.
You can also set up an individual Reiki session with Linda by clicking here.